With the holiday season among us, I wanted to test my make-up abilities a bit by creating a holiday make-up look for the season. I have a make-up routine that I haven’t really changed for a couple years now, so I’m used to using only certain colors on my face. I’m not a make-up guru, but I thought I would give it a shot and see what I could come up with.
I had this vision in my head of what I wanted my face to look like. Shockingly, I wanted to scale down from my normal amounts of glitter and use natural shimmering tones on my eyes, while also pairing it with red lip color that didn’t look TOO bold. This combination is not something I do… at all… It’s actually pretty shocking that I’m so open to using these colors on my face. It’s not that I don’t mind natural tones on my face, but I just wasn’t sure if they looked nice on me. Also, I think the bold red lip color looks great !… but just on other people. Haha ! I guess I’m pretty picky when it comes to my face. However, that’s the awesome thing about make-up: You can use different colors or make-up techniques to give you a whole new look ! If done correctly, you can find other make-up looks using colors that you would normally never use, like what I’m doing right now. 🙂
After rummaging through my beauty cabinet, I realized that I had more than enough tools to create the image I had in my head. And VOILA ! I created this make-up tutorial video to show you the look I came up with for the holidays. 🙂 I hope you guys enjoy this look !
Let me know that you guys think by leaving a comment below or what YOUR favorite holiday make-up look consist of ! Also, if you scroll to the bottom of this post, I’ve provided a list of the products, their prices, and a link to where you can purchase them.
P.S.- *WATCH IN HD TO SEE IT IN BETTER QUALITY BY CLICKING THE SETTINGS ICON AND CLICKING “720 p HD”
Natural Holiday Make-up Look
1. Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation- $42.00
2. NYX Cosmetics Eyebrow Cake Powder- $5.99
3. Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Concealer- $20.00
4. E.L.F. Professional Eyeshadow Brush- $0.99
6. ICING Eyeshadow Ombre Palette- Discontinued
7. Lorac 3-in-1 Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil- $18
8. Make-up Forever Smokey Extravagant, Extravagant Volume, Up Close Precision Mascara- $24.00
9. NYX Cosmetics Hi-Definition Photo Concealer Wand- $4.99
10. E.L.F. Blush and Bronzer- $3.00
11. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple- $4.99-$6.49