One of the things I’ve been wanting to do for a while now is start making videos for my blog. My friend Aaron (HAY GIRL HAAYYYY!) suggested to me a few months ago that I should start making videos about my make-up. I reallllllly realllllyyy wanted to get into it, but I felt like I didn’t have the proper tools to record a nice quality video and edit it the way I wanted. Then, I heard that the new iPhone 6+ has an impeccable camera on it, perfect for recording videos. So I decided to wait until my Mom and I upgraded our phones, which happened a couple days ago. But of course, all iPhone 6+s are on back order and we won’t be getting our phones until January 5th at the latest. I was bummed, but hey, at least I’m still getting the phone, right? It’s just a matter of waiting. However, I couldn’t help but feel disappointed because I was looking forward to recording videos for DizzySpangle. But by God’s love and my Mom’s loving heart, she surprised me at the store and got me the new iPad Air 2 as a birthday present !!!!!! (Shout out to Mommy for always trying to give me the best and being amazing !)
I was COMPLETELY stoked because I’ve never had a tablet of my own. Aside from needing one for school work and for events, I needed one because I wanted to create videos and edit them on iMovie. Although a more sensible thing would be to invest in a Macbook, I already have an HP computer (Don’t judge me) and figured getting a new laptop when I already have one that works perfectly was pointless. Sooooooooo!, here I am…typing…recording…and editing videos…on my new iPAD!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!@#%##!!!!@@
Okay. I’m done.
Now, I am excited to present to you my first ever make-up tutorial video ! I recorded this yesterday and had issues with uploading it. But here it is in all its glory 🙂
This video showcases my everyday make-up look, what products I use, and my personal thoughts on them. Check it out and tell me what you think. 🙂 Like I mention at the end of my video, I am willing to take an tips for recording/editing and any constructive criticism.
Also, if you scroll to the bottom of this post, I’ve provided a list of the products, their prices, and a link to where you can purchase them.
P.S.- *WATCH IN HD TO SEE IT IN BETTER QUALITY BY CLICKING THE SETTINGS ICON AND CLICKING “720 p HD”
My Everyday Make-up List
1. Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation- $42.00
2. NYX Cosmetics Eyebrow Cake Powder- $5.99
3. Benefit Cosmetics Big Beautiful Eyes- $32.00
4. E.L.F. Professional Brow Comb and Brush- $1.49
5. E.L.F. Professional Eyeshadow Brush- $0.99
6. Sephora Collection Micro Smooth Baked Eyeshadow Trio in “At Dusk”- $19.00
7. Rimmel London Soft Kohl Eye Pencil in “Jet Black”- $4.99
8. L’oreal Voluminous Mascara Curved Black Brush- $7.79
9. NYX Cosmetics Hi-Definition Photo Concealer Wand- $4.99
10. Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer- $28.00
11. Lorac Holiday Palette- Discontinued
12. NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in “Taffy”- $5.99